Sunday, June 10, 2012

Boredom Buster Box

Friday, June 8th


Our first full day of summer vacation, I started working on our Boredom Buster Box. I gave my two youngest boys a box and had them decorate it which in itself was a fun activity and then I started filling it with boredom buster activities. I want this to be activities that they can do by themselves and don't always require me to do it with them. I know I will have to be on the lookout for cheap additions to the box throughout the summer and keep refilling it for some fun surprises.
Some ideas to put in a Boredom Buster Box without busting the bank are:

  • Items found in Target's dollar spot 
  • Sticker books
  • small toys bought on clearance throughout the year 
  • Paint by number kits
  • Books
  • I even found some birthday presents that were put away and never played with that they had forgotten about and were excited to see again.
  • Small Lego/K'nex building sets



No comments:

Post a Comment