Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Thursday, July 1-Saturday, July 3rd
11 am until 4 pm
Sample these new products in your local Wal-mart store.
Kool-aid Fun Fizz
Oreo Fudge cremes
Deli Deluxe Bacon Cheddar
Crystal light Pure Fitness
Oscar Mayer Angus Hot dogs
Blue Star Museum
for active military and family
Now through September 6, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Special Pre-Sale Opportunity!
Disney on Ice presents Disney/Pixar's
Toy Story 3
Friday, September 3rd, 3:30pm & 7:30pm
Saturday, September 4th, 3:30pm & 7:30pm
$16, $27, $32, $40
Pre-Sale Available Now through July 22nd, 11:59pm
Tickets On Sale July 23rd at 10am
Use Pre-Sale Code: THREE
Have you heard the buzz? The toys are back in town! Disney On Ice presents Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3! The summer's biggest hit movie, Toy Story 3, and memorable moments from Toy Story and Toy Story 2 are hitting the ice in this sensational live production coming to your hometown! Catch all the heroic action when Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie and the Toy Story gang escape from the rambunctious tots of Sunnyside Daycare and race for home in their most daring adventure ever. A few new faces join the fun including Barbie's groovy bachelor Ken and Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear. It's the biggest Toy Story experience on ice, jam-packed with fast-paced adventure such as Buzz's galactic battle with Emperor Zurg and a hoe-down at Woody's Roundup. Rediscover the humor, friendship and charm of Toy Story when Disney On Ice presents Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3 takes family fun to infinity and beyond!
DLP First Friday July Pie Bakeoff
Friday, July 2nd 6pm-9pm
Join The Lakeland Center, Ovations and
The Downtown Lakeland Partnership for
an all-American pie celebration
Have a great pie recipe? Enter your favorite pie to win some great prizes and the honor of having one of the best desserts in Lakeland! To enter: bring your pie to Munn Park no later than 5:30pm - each entry only $5. Pies will be judged based on the following categories: cream/cheese, fruit/berry, nut, wild card. All pies will be sliced and sold after the judging with proceeds going to a local charitable cause. For more information call the DLP 513-3669 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DON'T MISS THE PIE EATING CONTEST AT 7:30pm all contestants welcome - check in at the DLP tent in Munn Park before 7:00pm.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Sunday, June 20, 2010
- Monday, June 21 at 2pm "Giving Tree Music" (all ages)
- Tuesday, June 22 at 10 am "Freshwater and Wetlands: (K-5th grade)
- Wednesday, June 23 at 10 am "Squish-Squash" (Pre-K)
- Thursday, June 24 at 2 pm "Seascape Crafts" (Pre-K)
- Saturday, June 26 at 2pm Movie Day "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" (PG)
June 25th at 8 :30 pm
"Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove"
Movie will be on the NW corner of Wilson Avenue and Main Street
The event is free and suitable for the entire family. Those attending are encouraged to bring chairs and blankets and mosquito repellent.
The Junior Service League of Bartow will be selling refreshments.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
- Thursday, June 17th;6-8 pm FREE Make-It and Take-It Father's Day Duck tape Wallet
- Friday, June 18th; 6-8 pm Father's Day T-shirt Make-It Take-It event; with the purchase of T-shirt
- Saturday, June 19th, 10 am until 2pm FREE Make-It and Take-It Father's Day Card Event While Supplies last
Customer Appreciation DAy
Saturday, July 17
Game time 6 pm gates open at 5:30 pm
Bring in your front page of the Ledger from the Friday or Saturday newspaper and get Free Admission.
Flying tigers t-shirt to the first 200 new Ledger subscribers.
Grocery tote to the first 3,000 people
Drawing for autographed posters of the players.
Monday, June 14, 2010
- Preschool story hour for ages 5 and under starts Tuesday and Wednesday. Each week there are themed reading activities including puppets, music and storytelling to enhance young learners' reading skills.
- Take a walk with the Florida Friendly Trail program and explore the Downtown trail from the library to Virginia Miller Park 11 am, Tuesday. Its an easy walk with lots of native Florida plants.
Every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
Now thru July 11th
Noon until 6 pm
Plus FREE Family Outdoor Workshops; Earn a Pin for every workshop you complete!
- Free Shooting Gallery
- Free Shooting Range
- Free Casting Pond
- Free Crafts; Tuesday and Thursday 4-5 pm and Saturday and Sunday Noon-2 pm
- Make Smores
- Free Photo
Sunday, June 13, 2010
- Auburndale Library: See the magic of Glen Foster, a premier illusionist who will dazzle you at 10:30 am. All summer programs will be at the Auburndale Civic Center, 115 W. Park Street.
- Lakeland Public Library: Come at 10 am for some undersea fun with the Disney classic "The Little Mermaid"
- Winter Haven Library: The summer programming starts on Monday with "Wow! The Wonder of Water," beginning at 10 am. Program designed for grades K-5th.
Saturday, June 19th
Join us for the LEGO Family Creation Challenge
Test your imagination, creativity, building and guessing skills!
Plus-build a cool creation the DAD will love!
Prizes, Giveaways and More!!
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Public parks, nonprofit organizations and federal agencies across the country are teaming up to connect kids with nature. And that's just the kickoff-look for events throughout the summer at www.nationalgetoutdoorsday.org.
605 E. Central Ave., Winter Haven.
Saturday, June 12th at 11 am
Register or to learn more by calling Audra Crews, office manager at 863-293-7789
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Pix and Popcorn, Saturday, June 12th at 2:30 pm. featuring "Alvin and the Chipmunks" the Squeakquel"
Learn more about history and culture in the pioneer days of 1854 America and meet Kirsten Larson, a Swedish immigrant, when American Girl meets at 2 pm on Saturday at the Main Lakeland Library.
"Make A Splash" at the kick off of this summer's Florida Youth Library Program, 10 am this Saturday. All ages welcome.
Friday, June 4, 2010
|REG’s Free Family Film Festival is Now Showing!|
|We have planned a fun-filled summer of select movies for kids and parents. Regal has proudly offered this free summer fun since 1991. Oh, did we mention that it’s FREE!|
|Selected G or PG movies start at 10:00am every Tuesday and Wednesday during the festival. Tickets and seating are first-come, first-served and are limited to theatre capacity.|
|The Free Family Film Festival is safe, lots of fun and a great way for kids to spend a weekday morning in the summer. Tickets for our 2010 Free Family Film Festival are exclusively available at select theatres’ box office on the day of the show.|
Check the link for more info. and to find a theatre near you:
Free Crafts for Kids
June 5th, 11 am until 3 pm
Kids decorate silly sunglasses
Toy Story 3 Craft Activity and Photo-Op
Saturday, June 5th
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Build a playset to create your own Toy Story adventures.
And bring your camera for a fun photo opportunity!
Minimum age for participation is 3 years. Event subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Call your local store to confirm participation. While supplies last.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
June 4, 2010, 6-9 pm
Ride your bikes to Downtown for fun, family friendly event.
- Unusual bike show 7-9 pm-N. Kentucky Ave.
- Kiddie bike course and decorating at Explorations V Museum
- Bike Tricks by Red Trail Racing
- Almost Giant... a curious exhibit of words and pictures for all ages at Mitchells Coffee house
- Car show at Tennessee Ave.
- Geocache Challenge-get clues at S. Kentucky Ave.
Saturday, June 5th
Flying Tigers vs Ft. Myers Miracle
Game time: 6 pm
$1 Admission Tickets with Lakeland Electric Statement (bring statement to box office)
$1 Hot dogs and $1 Sodas
Post game fireworks